One of the best ways to attract new customers to your small office furniture business is to exhibit at a trade show. Trade shows offer a potential platform for office furniture distributors and office furniture dealers to showcase their products and services to their target customers. But while trade shows are great business boosters, they require lot of attention to detail and careful planning if you want to get the most out of them.
Here are a few trade show tips that small office furniture businesses can consider
- Define your budget – Whatever your goals are, make sure you have clearly defined them and you have a way of measuring them too.
- Create a Budget – This should include the cost of the trade show booth, shipping your booth to and from the trade show, cost of show listing, advertisements, etc.
- Information regarding what you will be promoting, your booth space, and any special event that you would attending of hosting at trade show should be shared with the public using blogs, emails, and social medial channels.
- It is very important to Educate People about your office furniture business rather than to simply focus on sale. Develop a rapport to find out if they have interest in your business. If yes, you may take the conversation to the next level.
- Be a Good Listener – The more you listen to the people who visit your trade show booth, the more you will be able to learn about their individual office furniture buying needs and requirements.
- Be Polite and Courteous. Say thank-you to everyone who has taken time to visit your trade show booth. This will help you win their trust and loyalty and should project a nice impression of your business.
- Schedule Sales Calls – Use the lead data base to identify people who were most interested in your business. Set up a phone conversation with them or meet them in person. Do not let those people slip away. They are your potential customers who could create significant return on your trade show investment.