Renovating office furniture is generally a once-in-a-decade process since it requires extra capital outlays. The interior of the office decides the environment in which people will work and it also maintains the brand of the company in the eyes of clients, vendors, etc. Furniture is an integral part of the interior design of an office.
Frequently, there is no record of the previous furniture purchased or its supplier so most companies need to start the process of furniture acquisition afresh whenever they decide to renovate their office interiors. There are various ways in which the organization can order their furniture for their new/old office. For instance,
• First of all, the organization can go through catalogs of various furniture vendors, stores and do all the selecting, customizing work by themselves.
• Secondly they can hire professional office furniture procurement advisors who can help them with the entire process such as finding the right furniture according to the office’s needs, budget and design, etc.
• In addition, they can give themes, budget to the advisors and then leave the rest of the task such as procurement and installation to them.
The office furniture procurement process varies from organization to organization and thus the type of service advisor they want might vary too. Large organizations tend to seek office furniture procurement advisory services for the following reasons:
• To ensure the furniture is made to meet industry standards
• Because planning is crucial especially when design, installation at a massive scale is involved and taking help from people who specialize in industrial furniture is the right choice
• Identifying primary points of contract for the departments, budget, etc.
• Establishing expectations at the beginning of the contract
• For having timely communication, installation and holding someone accountable as the process from delivery of the furniture to its installation is the advisory service’s responsibility.
Organizations have different requirements for furniture, for individual offices/workstations, conference rooms, lobby etc. Furniture procurement advisors have the skills, experience, and market knowledge for the right commercial decision. As they are independent of manufactures and in touch with clients’ needs,they are in best position to match it with supplier catalogs and product availability.